Sunday, August 27, 2006

Thirteen Weeks (13) gone by the wayside, only Three (3) left.


Poised in front of the Marina are Dipper, Sungod, and Viking, getting psyched for an evening workout on Lake Thomas. What a gorgeous evening.

I had a great time chasing the 'higher tech' racing kayaks in my River Runner, never really catching, but..............................


Interesting week, pretty well all positive:
-Total of 16 workouts, with 4 Triples
-5 swims, with some intensity added.
-5 paddles, with 2 good days of intervals.
-4 rides, including great group ride to the Big Stop.
-2 runs, both very positive, both under the influence of 6 Ibruprophen.

With my knee feeling better on drugs I am going to try (again) to do 3 runs each of the next 2 weeks and see what happens. Aerobics actually starting to cut in..........a bit.

Feeling a bit tired overall but also getting plenty of rest--Nancy is very supportive. I'm not really looking toward next week which will be 'more' Triples and one Quad (with the 4 disciplines being actually longer than those on race day)

I am really looking forward to September 17th, getting the event out of the way, and getting onto something else. I have some neat plans for the winter, lots of decisions to be made.

All my goals have basically been met:
-Definitely in the best shape I have been in since retiring in 1994.
-Have lost 10 pounds, without eating less. Also built bulk (muscle)
-Able to swim a km, or mile, without getting beat up.
-Bonus, I think I may be running again..I at least plan on maintaining a 2 run per week schedule over the winter. I realize now how much I missed it.
-I guess my final goal is (was?) to be able to do the 4 discipline event in comfort, not be beat up, either after the finish or the next day--Wait and see--time to move on.

Hey, the humidity is finally gone, the air is crisp in the mornings, the days warm, and the evenings beautiful.

Ya gotta love the NS falls, eh! Best time of the year.

4 Comments:

At August 27, 2006 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you GO diddy!

 
At August 27, 2006 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woof!

 
At August 27, 2006 8:36 PM, Blogger bcmurphy said...

Bruce,

Doing the triple with you yesterday was a lot of fun. but it put me in nap mode for the day and putter mode today.

Wouldn't wanted to have duplicated your workouts the past few weeks. Yikes!

Bruce

 
At September 01, 2006 5:49 PM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

It'll be all over soon enough...looks like you are rockin' man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home