Monday, September 04, 2006



Fourteen(14) weeks gone by the way, only Two(2) weeks left.

I'm finished with the 'Triples' and multi discipline days---found I was getting tired and listless, needed some down time, so took 2 days off, did absolutely nothing.

The timing was good, went to regular Labour Day, 'family' weekend at the cottage of Uncle Mack and Aunt Phyllis in Moser River.

Plans are to do 'specific' training in my weakest disciplines. Over the next 10-12 days, most of the time will be spent towards running and swimming. I will hopefully swim at least 8 times and run 5 times.

On that note, I joined Imax tonight (Monday), and as part of his training for an upcoming 1/2 Marathon, I did interval hills with him, within my comfort zone. I was quite pleased with the results. The hills hurt, but that was expected, and there were no ill results. The total distance, including warm up and recovery was 5.5kms---my longest run in this training schedule.

I will also try to get in a bike ride every 3 days--more speed work than distance, and as far as the paddleing is concerned, some fine tuning outings--again, more speed workouts rather than distance.

Still wondering about the last week and how to tone down to peak on the 17th. I am thinking of doing a couple of 4 discipline days with 'short' distances--say 300m swim, 10km ride, 2km paddle, and 2km run. Maybe less?

I do know after the 2 days off I was pretty switchy and wired to go.

1 Comments:

At September 05, 2006 8:30 AM, Blogger bcmurphy said...

Bruce,

Your 'taper' schedule is like my workout schedule. Was in your workout arena twice last week and still recovering. You missed a nice bike ride/dinner Sunday. Course, you would have been way ahead anyway.

There are some people that look like you at the family picnic. Odd. I always thought you were a genetic freak. Surely the others aren't as obstinate nor as voluble.

Bruce (with a 'B')

 

Post a Comment

<< Home